Saturday, March 14, 2009




Yesterday we went to a museum of Warsaw ,we visited many paintings of France.


I think it's really good for improve to our felling of paintings. But most of the painting which I can't understand ,due to I didn't know the culture background .
All of the paintings I only know that in the Age of Madame de Pompadour .From the time she attained the envied position of official mistress to Louis XV in 1745 until her death in 1764, Madame de Pompadour was one of the most celebrated and active patrons of the arts. Lavolupté du gout (voluptuous taste), comprised of paintings created by 24 of the era’s most important artists patronized by Pompadour during an age that witnessed the birth of a public discourse in aesthetics and art criticism, reveals her legacy as the royal tastemaker of the time.
Most of paintings have more than 200 years of history,however they can show us the beauty and ugliness of that time .
I hope that I can have more chance to close to the art ,close to the its culture to learn ,to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment