Monday, February 9, 2009

The Lantern Festival













Today is the 15th day lunar calendar ,is our tradition lantern festival. If we were in China ,we will buy some lanterns before several days of Lantern Festival. Lanterns are made in the shape of different animals, vegetables, fruits and many, other things. We usually go for a walk aroud river bank in the lantern festival evening . Perhaps we can see some wonderful folk performances,Dragon Dance and Yangko. Everything is very interesting and everyone is very happy. It means that you will be healthy the whole year.The special food for the Lantern Festival is rice glue ball. . These are round dumplings made with sticky rice flour. The Lantern Festival is an occasion for families to get together and for everyone--young, old, rich and poor to have fun.







I am in Poland this year ,unfortunately we cann't buy rice glue ball everywhere and everyone is very busy today. So we didn't celebrate it this year. But I have had a chat with my families, I know that they how to celebrate the fetival . Although I have no experience this year but I still very happy to see families' joyance.



1 comment:

  1. It is so interesting to read about Chinese habits and celebrations. When I saw your post I suddenly remembered I have heard about the festival before. What I remember is that this holiday marks the end of the New Year time and that some people write/guess riddles on the laterns.
    It's a pity you haven't celebrated the holiday in any way but we may try and write and guess some riddles during the class. I just have no idea what kind of riddles they are.

    ReplyDelete